The Ultimate Guide to Visiting the Professor's Lake Recreation Centre
From the beach to hiking trails, Professor's Lake Brampton has it all. Whether you are looking for a quick family walk or an adventure-filled day trip with friends, there are plenty of options here.
You can enjoy water sports, such as kayaking and boating in the beautiful facility. The paved trail surrounding the lake is perfect for enjoying the wildlife and scenic views. You can also fish in this environmentally friendly area, or play beach volleyball. If you want to visit the place here is your ultimate guide to visiting the Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre.
Where to Find the Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre?
The Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre is a beautiful, serene spot situated in the southern part of Brampton Civic Hospital in between Bramalea and Torbram Rd The recreation centre’s full address is 1660 North Park Drive in Brampton. The perfect place to escape from city life for an afternoon with nature.
It is open daily from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. If you wish to stay overnight and looking for hotels near the Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre, here are some of your options.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Brampton, IHG Hotel with a traveler rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars. Only 3.3 kilometres from the centre.
- Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Brampton with a traveler rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars. Only 7.4 kilometres from the centre.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Brampton Toronto with a traveler rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars. Only 6.3 kilometres from the centre.
5 Pro Tips to Remember!
Tip #1: In order to stay safe while on the trail, it is important that you prepare properly and dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
Tip #2: You don't want to get caught off guard by a change in the weather. Keep an eye on current and predicted conditions, so you can plan accordingly if needed.
Tip #3: Make sure to bring your clean water and wear comfortable trekking shoes or sandals. Also, ensure that you have extra clothes if you plan to do water activities in the lake.
Tip #4: Traveling with a companion is always better in case of emergencies. You don't want to be on your own.
Tip #5: Weekends can be a lot of fun, but they also have more people. If you don't like the crowds then it's best to go during weekdays because there will only be limited visitors.
Things To Do in the Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre
- Trail Walking: What's more relaxing than taking a leisurely stroll around the beautiful lakes? You have several nice options for enjoying this. One is right at Professor’s Lake where there is an asphalt path that encircles it, making your walk easy and smooth.
You can also try the 11-kilometre long Professor’s Lake Walking Trail that will
lead you from Victoria Park & Arena to Professor’s Lake. The paved multi-use trails allow for quiet walks with incredible views, perfect if you are looking to get away from it all.
- Lake Fishing: You can do lake fishing with your kids and loved ones, however, you cannot go further to the beach and fish there. You can fish along the green spaces encompassing the lake.
- Other Water Activities: You can rent paddle boats, kayaks, canoes, and more, just book online and choose what type of water boat you would rent. There are fees for rental with provided life jackets. But, if you have a canoe or kayak of your own, then you just can bring it.
- Beach Volleyball: Professor’s Lake has a court available for beach volleyball behind the main one at their recreation center.
5 Fun History Facts about Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre
Fun Fact #1: It is a 65-acre of man-made lake that was transformed from an old quarry. The transformation gave birth not only to water sports but also to many other activities such as fishing and bird watching.
Fun Fact #2: The lake is an ancient gravel pit that was the site of over 20 million tonnes of gravel and sand extraction between 1918 and 1954.
Fun Fact #3: The City of Brampton bought the lake and surrounding area, and in 1981, they opened up Professor's Lake Recreation Centre.
Fun Fact #4: There are different kinds of fish that live in Professor’s Lake, these are Rainbow Trout, Northern Pike, Rock Bass, Smallmouth Bass, and Largemouth Bass.
Fun Fact #5: Aside from the trail path, there is also a bike path that goes all over the lake.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre offer free or paid parking?
Yes. The recreation centre has a small and large parking lot. The smaller parking lot is just next to the recreation centre, while the larger one requires some walking but both are FREE.
- What is the best way to get to the Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre?
You can use public transit to get to the recreation centre as there are many buses that run up and down Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre in Brampton.
- What is the nearest station to the Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre?
The recreation is located close to North Park Dr Btwn Provincial PI & Jamieson Cres, which is a 4-minute walk (296 metres away) from the recreation centre.
- What are the restaurants near the Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre?
Here are some of the restaurants near the Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre:
- Pizza Pros (0.3 km from the recreation centre)
- Golden Palace Restaurant (0.3 km from the recreation centre)
- Molisana Bakery (0.3 km from the recreation centre)
- The Pie Guyz (0.4 km from the recreation centre)
- Taza Xpress (0.4 km from the recreation centre)
- Do they allow dogs inside?
Yes, dogs with you but ensure they are on a leash.
- Is it a kid-friendly place?
Yes! There are activities that you can do here that are perfect for kids such as fishing, walking, and water activities.
- How much does it cost to visit the Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre?
The price of admission is FREE.
You can reserve your beach times online or on the phone. There is a small fee for use of this area that varies depending upon how many people are in your group.
There are also rental fees for items such as kayaks, canoes, and other water boats.