The Ultimate Guide to Visiting Mount Chinguacousy
Mount Chinguacousy is the perfect place for a winter getaway. It is a small alpine skiing hill situated in the heart of Chinguacousy Park in Brampton with 2 beginner slopes on both sides and an exclusive magic carpet lift. It is the only ski hill in the city of Brampton.
If you are looking for a unique day trip in Brampton, then head over to Mount Chinguacousy. This picturesque mountain is the perfect place for anyone looking to have a day at either learning or enjoying the simplicity of tubing, snowboarding, and skiing. Ready to plan your weekend getaway here? Here is your ultimate guide to visiting Mount Chinguacousy.
Where to Find Mount Chinguacousy?
Mount Chinguacousy is situated in the heart of Donald M. Gordon Chinguacousy Park, which is located at 9050 Bramalea Road, Brampton, ON L6S 6G7.
It opens daily from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on weekdays and Sundays, and from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Saturdays. However, the daily operations at the ski hill are weather dependent.
If you want to stay overnight, these are some of the best hotels near Mount Chinguacousy in Brampton:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, IHG hotel with a traveler rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
- Monte Carlo Inn - Brampton Suites with a traveler rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- Quality Inn and Suites with a traveler rating of 3 out of 5 stars.
5 Pro Tips to Remember!
Tip #1: Winter can be a lot of fun if you are prepared for the cold and snow. Make sure to wear winter clothing that will keep your body safe and warm, such as gloves, goggles, and a helmet for skiing or snowboarding.
Tip #2: Obey all resort skier or rider safety conduct to ensure that you are operating safely and according to the rules of each terrain.
Tip #3: Conditioning your body is essential before going to Mount Chinguacousy. They have a variety of activities that are best done in good shape.
Tip #4: If you want to have the best possible time at Mount Chinguacousy, be sure that you pack appropriately.
Tip #5: You should plan your time and book in advance to maximize your experience at Mount Chinguacousy.
Things To Do in Mount Chinguacousy
Mount Chinguacousy is the perfect destination for skiers, snowboarders, and tube riders. Situated in Donald M Gordon's Park at the corner of Central Avenue & Bramalea Road it offers visitors an unforgettable experience all year round with its breathtaking views!
Mount Chinguacousy opens from late December through March when weather permits but do not worry if it is closed because you can still take advantage of other great amenities at the beautiful Chinguacousy park.
Here are some of the activities you can do in Mount Chinguacousy:
- Ski & Snowboard: They offer a variety of classes for beginners to advanced skiers. Participants will learn equipment basics, straight runs, and how to glide on gentle slopes with their ski rental option available at an additional cost.
- Tubing Nights: The whole family can enjoy an evening of fun at the Chinguacousy mountain. Come out for Team Night on Wednesday or Family Night on Thursday, where the pass is $8.90 for each participant.
- Winter Activities: During winter, you can spend your day skating on an ice rink, which can hold up to five hundred people. The skate trail is open from Monday-Sunday 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM. Plus, you can also visit the curling club during winter.
Mt. Chinguacousy is Brampton's go-to hill for snowboarding, skiing, and tubing. They also provide drop-in ski and snowboard times, rentals, and registered lessons for both ski and snowboard.
5 Fun History Facts about Chinguacousy Park
Fun Fact #1: The mount Chinguacousy has a fascinating history, created in the 1970s using earth that was taken from beneath parking garages and basements dug in the course of the development of the bordering area.
Fun Fact #2: Chinguacousy means “Land of the Tall Pines." You will find signs with three pine trees on them to help guide you through
Fun Fact #3: Mount Chinguacousy is situated inside the Donald M. Gordon Chinguacousy Park and the one and only ski hill in Brampton
Fun Fact #4: The Chinguacousy is about 69 feet or 21 metres. The size of its longest run is around 617 feet or 188 metres with two runs.
Fun Fact #5: Mount Chinguacousy has plenty of beginner slopes and thrilling adventures for experienced skiers. The magic carpet lift takes you up to 69 feet with an extended run of 617 feet. They also offer skiing at night and snow-making amenities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the place offer free or paid parking?
Yes, the park offers free parking. You can park towards the left side of the entrance, but be mindful if there are restrictions as they may charge accordingly.
- What is the best way to get to the place?
The best way to get from Brampton to Chinguacousy Park is by bus (a 23-minute travel time), or by taxi or private car (the fastest way with a 7-minute travel time). But if you are feeling adventurous, then you can take it on foot and you will arrive there in more or less than an hour.
- What is the nearest station to the place?
The Bramalea Rd N/Of Goodwood Rd is the nearest station to the park, which is 330 meters away and only a 5-minute walk from the park.
- What are the restaurants near the place?
Here are some of the restaurants near Chinguacousy Park:
- Oscar’s Roadhouse (0.5 km from the park)
- August 8, (1 km from the park)
- Moxie’s Grill & Bar (1.4 km from the park)
- Heritage Fish & Chips (3 km from the park)
Other restaurants are only 0.5 km from the Chinguacousy park that serves halal and good portions of food.
- Does the place allow dogs inside?
Dogs are allowed inside the Chinguacousy park only as long they are on a leash. To prevent your dog(s) from tracking dirt into the park, always be prepared to pick up after them.
- Is it a kid-friendly place?
Yes. They offer ski and snowboard programs that are right for kids. Parents can watch them in the kids' area while they do their beginner slope activities.
- How much does it cost to visit Mount Chinguacousy?
Chinguacousy Park offers a FREE entrance fee. Winter activities such as skiing, tubing, and snowboarding at Mount Chinguacousy have rental and ticket fees that you need to book in advance. You can see their updated fees here: https://www.brampton.ca/EN/residents/Recreation/Chinguacousy-Park/Pages/Ching-MtChing.aspx
Driving Directions by Car:
Driving Directions by Transit:
Looking for something fun to do while Prime Pest Control takes care of your pest problem? Check out Professor’s Lake Recreation Centre next!