The Ultimate Guide To Visiting Mount St. Louis Moonstone
Mount St. Louis Moonstone is located an hour's drive from Toronto and is one of the main tourist attractions for skiers from Toronto. It is counted among the largest ski resort that is a perfect point for families and friends. Its hills are the perfect location for skiing and snowboarding. It was founded by JoslHuter, an Austrian Alpine Skier.
It is nestled in the snow belt region of North Barrie. It has three carpets, nine chairlifts, and thirty-six slopes. It is family-friendly and helps beginner skiers to reach the advanced level.
Mount St. Louis is investing in a ski lift system to avoid the long lines of people and make sure that they enjoy the ride.
What Can You Do There?
Snow Boarding and Skiing:
As stated above this place was founded by an Austrian Skier. It is one of the main tourist attractions for skiers. Its scenario and hills are the key elements that make it worth visiting.
You do not need to worry if you are new to skiing. You can hire professional instructors to help you at reasonable and affordable prices. The staff will help you to learn the basics of skiing and then level up to advanced skiers.
The staff is super friendly and pays attention to every individual in group learning. Your instructor will help you to complete your initial training and enjoy your time skiing. You can also spectate other skiers if you are not willing to learn skiing.
The scenario and the sun dawn and dusk are the two main natural views that enlighten the hills with their yellow and golden light. These times are also enjoyable and the main focus of professional photographers.
You may have heard of different ski resorts offering snow tubing but Mount St. Louis Moonstone does not offer Snow tubing.
Snowshoeing is an amazing outdoor activity. When the St. Louis area is covered with snow, it offers a wide terrain for snowshoeing.
Learning at Snow School:
Before you learn about snowboarding and skiing, you need to consider that which category is most suitable for you. Here is the guide that will help to choose the best category for you.
- Beginner: If you are skyboarding for the first time then you should go for the beginner category as it will help you to learn the basics and then move on to the next level.
- Novice: If you have a little bit of knowledge about skiing and snowboarding then it must be your category. You may need help to get on or off the lifts.
- Intermediate: Intermediate skiers can get on and off blue slopes but face difficulty in blue slopes.
- Advance: This is your category if you can confidently get off and on any slopes, terrain, or conditions on the mountain.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are the operative hours?
It opens at 9 am and closes at 04:30 pm on Monday and Tuesday. Its operative hours are 9 am to 9 pm from Wednesday to Sunday.
It is closed on Christmas day.
- Do You Require Snow Boar Leashes?
Yes, If you want to ride at Mount St. Louis Moonstone ski resort then leashes are required. The main reason is to provide protection to the guests and avoid runaways. You can also buy your leash from the boutique if you forgot it at home.
- Are Helmets Required?
Yes, helmets are required for riding in the Junkyard and Terrain parks of Mount St. Louis Moonstone.
- Is it Children Friendly?
Yes, it is family-friendly and suitable for all ages. However, preventive measures should always be adopted.
How To Buy Daily Lift Tickets Online:
Online daily lift tickets are limited and non-refundable or transferable. Also, it is not for resale.
Check out the official website and in the drop-down menu click on shop.
Set up your account profile and add your friends or family members to your account.
Select the date from the date picker and enter the payment details. You will receive a redemption voucher that can be printed. Bring it with you when you come here.
You will be given a POV verification wristband and you cannot ski until you do not get it.
- Snowboarding, snow tubing, skiing, and other activities in this area have the risk of getting injured. So you should always make sure that you are paying attention to the staff’s instruction and are not going against it. Read out the instructions below to make yourself familiar with the safety rules.
- During the trial, do not stop at a place where you are not visible from above your head.
- Carefully read all the posted warnings and signs.
- Do not use terrain or lift if you have used alcohol because it can impair your ability.
- Keep yourself in control to avoid hitting objects or other people.
- You must be able to ride, unload and load lift. If you have any doubts then you can always seek for lift attendant’s help.
- Make sure that you are using the proper equipment to avoid any inconvenience.
I hope this article has helped you to enjoy your time on Mount St. Louis in Moonstone. It is among the best ski resorts in Canada. You can always spend quality time here with your family and friends. Skiing is one of the favorite hobbies of Canadian residents who love to head to ski resorts for fun and joy.
The friendly and polite staff is always willing to help you learn your lessons and enjoy the ride. The cafeteria of this resort is also a good place to rest and have something to recharge your energy. The scenarios of this resort at dawn and dusk are also worth watching.
The lifts, learning sessions, and watching others are always remarkable. You can never get tired of going to this place again and again as it gives chance to spend your time with your family and friends.